Tuesday, March 10, 2009

6 months old

Hello everyone,
How's it going? Great here. Jeremiah is now 6 months old. I can't believe it. His first tooth has just barely cut through the gum, so hopefully it'll show up completely really soon. He's been a lot happier since that happened. Last Tuesday he turned 6 months old. He and I took our first trip by ourselves last week. We went to my mom and dad's so I could help take care of my mom after surgery. Jeremiah was the "perfect" cure for my mom.
John and I measured Jeremiah about a week and a half ago. He was measuring around 28" long, and then this past Friday I checked his weight on the Wii Fit and he weighs around 16.3 lbs. We'll know for sure what his length and weight is a week from Friday when we take him to his 6 month check-up.
Jeremiah has been babbling a lot. I have no idea what he's trying to say but it's really cute to hear him babble. He is almost able to sit up on his own, and he's working on crawling. I think he can hold his bottle on his own, but he doesn't always because he knows mommy and daddy will hold it for him. I've gotten to where I try not to hold it for him as much so he completely accomplishes the task.
Jeremiah has also discovered that he can rock the exersaucer and make it bounce. He loves to do that. Jeremiah has always liked his exersaucer, but he especially likes it more now that he can do that.
We've started feeding Jeremiah 3 meals a day. He gets rice cereal, oatmeal, or a mixture of the two in the morning, and veggies for lunch and dinner. We just bought some fruits for him to try yesterday, so we'll be trying those out on him soon.
Jeremiah is growing up so fast. It doesn't seem possible that he should be half a year old now. He is changing all the time now. It is so much fun to see, and I am so thankful to God that I am able to stay home with Jeremiah and watch him grow and develop each and everyday. Well that's about all for now. Talk to you later.

<><
~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment