Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day



So yesterday was my first official mother's day. It was definitely one that I'll always remember. One night while I was out with some girlfriends, John was watching Jeremiah and helped Jeremiah do a finger painting for me. It is so sweet. I nearly cried. On Saturday is when we celebrated Mother's Day. We had about an inch to inch 1/2 thick steaks with baked potatoes, green beans, and homemade rolls...It was really yummy....

Yesterday was baby day at church, so I was able to proudly parade Jeremiah through the sanctuary. There were lots of babies there...two of which were just born within a week to a week and a few days beforehand.

At church our adopted parents Lilian and Merlin Schantz were at church....After church the 5 of us went to On the Border to eat. It was yummy....

Then we had church last night....John and I have been teaching the toddler Sunday School class since March, and we had the most we have had ever in there...It was an interesting night but we survived...lol...

Jeremiah is now 8 months old. Within the last couple of weeks, he's started sitting up on his own with no trouble, waving to himself, trying to pull up on things, and even starting to clap. He has been doing so much, that it's almost like he learns something new everyday. We are also trying him on a sippy cup..He still doesn't have the whole hang of it, but he's holding it and trying to drink out of it. I usually try to give him his sippy cup at least a couple of times everyday.

On Friday night we're leaving to head to Florida....I'm so excited about that. We'll arrive to Tallahassee on Saturday around dinner time. Then we'll stay there for the night. On Sunday we'll drive down the coast and stop by the Atlantic Ocean, then head up to Orlando. We'll stay at a hotel in Orlando Sunday night, then on Monday we'll check into our hotel room at Pop Century Resort, and we'll stay there until the 25....On the 25 we'll go up to Panama City, FL to see Kat, Jeremy, Parker, and Lucas. We'll stay with them on the 25 and 26. On the 27 we'll leave there sometime and head home. We probably won't get home til midnight or later but we'll survive. Well that's the update for now...Talk to you all later. Here's a few pictures of my finger painting that John and Jeremiah did for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment