Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Updatage


Wowzers it's been a long time since I posted anything. Life has been pretty crazy. Everything with Micah's bloodwork is fine. I haven't had to take him back for more bloodwork since November. At his 1 year check up he weighed 17.5 lbs and was about 28". Late in February he got a bad ear infection (double ear infection technically). I didn't realize he had an ear infection until I saw his left ear draining. I took him in and low and behold his left eardrum ruptured., and his right ear was infected. The doctor gave him an ear drop prescription for the left ear, and then prescribed Amoxicillan for the infections. Well about a week after he started taking the Amoxicillan he broke out horribly in a rash. I felt so bad for him. At the top is a picture of the rash he had from the prescription. I took him back to the doctor and she gave us a new prescription, and that cleared up the infection in both ears. When I took him to get the new script he weighed 18.4 lbs, and then when I took him for the follow up 2 weeks later he weighed 19.5 lbs, so he gained a whole pound in two weeks. Micah is 15 months now. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. Where did the time go?!

Since everything with the bloodwork came back fine, I started subbing again for MDO. I subbed for about 3 weeks and then they offered me a position as the assistant 2 year old teacher. I absolutely love the job. The boys get to go to MDO and interact with children. It's so wonderful.

Jeremiah has been accident free for nearly 3 weeks now. I'm so proud of him. He's officially potty trained (at least during the day). He still is in a pull up over night, but is doing wonderful during the day. I was giving him a new pair of underwear each day he didn't have an accident, and one day I forgot, and he's still going potty. I'm so proud of my big boy. We have enrolled him into My Lambs preschool for the fall. I can't believe my boy is going to start school in just a few short months. He's growing up so fast. He'll be 4 in September.

Back in February I went to my mom and dad's for a funeral of a sweet lady that went to the Wister church. I worked with her with the youth group there for about 2 years when I went to mom and dad's for breaks, and I also worked with her two daughters. It was so good to see her two daughters. My dad did the service, and it was a beautiful celebration of her life. She was/is such an inspiration. Well I think that's about all that has been going on. I'll try not to wait too long to update next.

<><
~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment